Friday, February 10, 2012

Good News Today!

   Today I got some good news, in fact two pieces of good news! My new spindle shipped today, and yesterday my new book shipped from Amazon.com! I ordered the book on how to knit socks two at a time on one long circular needle.

   I have tried many times to knit on double points, as I have documented here, and was very glad to see this book. I even made a special trip to Michaels craft store to buy a copy. They didn't have any. I then went to Barnes and Noble, and they didn't have any either. WTF?? Then, out of sheer desperation, I went to Joann Fabrics. I knew that they have some books, and thought I might get lucky.

   I didn't get lucky. So I gave up for a while. My thinking is this - if the universe wanted me to have the book, I would have found it that day. But it was still on my mind, so a few evenings ago, I went to Amazon.com and ordered it.

   Soon I will be knitting socks and fingerless mitts with the best of them! As far as the spindle goes, I re-read the email this evening, and it says that the spindle has shipped, and it's on it's way to Lois. What I want to know is this - Who is this Lois? My name is Kim... just like the seller. That is one of the reasons I bought from her! Like my Hubs said, as long as I had a logical reason.

   After my new spindle comes, I promise, I will post photos!

2 comments:

  1. I love magic loop method for socks. I get second sock syndrome really bad. I also have issues making sure two socks exactly the same. Magic loop makes everything perfectly matched. I love it. There are some great videos on YouTube if you need help visualization what the book is telling you. Good luck with he spindling. It is a gateway addiction. It wasn't long until I had my first wheel. Now I have two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terri! I do have a wheel already, it just needs a few parts. I wanted to start on a spindle. Thanks for the tip, if I have trouble, I will check out YouTube!

    ReplyDelete