Sunday, February 19, 2012

Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Downton Abbey

   Lately, as you know, I have been watching Netflix quite a bit. Recently, I have been able to indulge in absolutely sinful marathons of shows and movies that no one else in my house will watch. I began with Doctor Who, of course, and got all caught up with some of the newer episodes I missed. Some of the David Tennant years, at least the ones that are on Netflix.

   Then I moved on to Downton Abbey. It turned out that it wasn't about knitting at all. Although knitting was mentioned in one episode. But it was really good. Who would have imagined that servants could be so horrible? Now I just have to wait for season two to hit Netflix.

   After digesting that one, I then moved on to Torchwood. This Doctor Who spin-off is really very good! I had seen the newest version, Torchwood - Miracle Day, on one of our movie channels, Starz I think, but I really didn't like it much. The original from the U.K. really hit the spot. I watched all three seasons available, in two days. I am hooked.

   Especially the last ones, Children of Earth. I watched, horrified. I even cried at the end. What a sacrifice. I think I even cried because Jack didn't seem to care. Even though you know he did, because he cried too. Anyway, I highly recommend you watch this show, if you haven't seen it already.

  And just so you know, to make myself totally clear, I did my chores in between the episodes of all the shows I was watching. I wouldn't want you lot to think I just sit and watch TV all day...

   About once a week, I will go through all the movies and TV shows available and put the ones I might want to see in the Instant Queue. Then I can go through those, and choose which I want to view. That is where all the Doctor Who's are right now, even though I have seen most of them.

   There was one Doctor Who episode, from 1964, with the first Doctor, that I was really looking forward to watching. I started watching it on Super Bowl Sunday. I could only take it for about 45 minutes. It was really really bad. I do intend to finish watching it, however. I think I just need to be in the right mood. A mood where I can accept that Aztec warriors spoke with a British accent, and wore really bad, obviously fake, leopard fur garments, among other things.

   But last night, I watched a movie called Lunopolis. It's been sitting in the Instand Queue for quite a while now. It seems that I was in the mood for it. It was really very interesting! It had quite the premise. I really can't even begin to explain the plot, all I can say is this - if you can see it, then by all means do. It was fascinating. I may even have to watch it again, just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

   OK, my report is over, go about your business....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment