Monday, February 27, 2012

Make the phone call? Oh, yes, I did!

   After getting that wrong number, with it's touching message on my answering machine, I thought long and hard about returning the call. I really wanted to let that poor sweet old woman know her heart-felt message didn't reach who she thought it did.

   So today, I returned the call. I had to rehearse what I was going to say. I had decided to tell her that Hubs and I were away for a few days, that was why I was just now letting her know.  I listened to her massage on my machine again, I had saved it. Hubs hadn't heard it yet, so when I played it for him today, even he said I have to call her back. And it's a good thing I listened to it again, because she says her name and the name of the friend she called.

   Anyway, when I called, I got her answering machine. I told her that my name is Kim, and she doesn't know me, but when she called her friend Martha last week, she dialed a wrong number and left her message on my answering machine. I wanted her to know, so she could call Martha again.

    I feel so much better, my mind is at ease at last.  Now maybe I can get some decent sleep. Now it's tome for a nap... either that, or some coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment