Friday, February 24, 2012

It Has Weathered Outside!

   I woke up at 5 a.m. and made a bathroom run. I did notice that, even though it was still dark, there seemed to be white outside. On my way back to bed, I detoured to the front door, and took a look outside. It turns out that it had snowed during the night. Bummer!

   I truly detest Winter weather. Snow is my enemy. Thank the Goddess there isn't much, maybe an inch, and it will be getting warm later, enough to melt all this nasty white stuff.

  I went back to bed, but couldn't get back to sleep. I gave up at 6:30. I got up, started my coffee, and headed down to the basement. There was a load of Hubs' socks in the dryer, so I needed to get them sorted. On the way, I grabbed my camera. I started the dryer, to warm up the socks, then headed out to take a few photos of the snow in the trees. Being that it was still kind of dark, the photos are on the dark side.

   But just so I can prove that we actually got some snow this Winter, Here are the photos....


Here is one I took out the front door, when I first got up:


   And this one is of our little wood pile. It's what is left of the Tulip tree that we had cut down a few months ago...


   Now the sun is up, and soon the snow will melt. In about an hour, I will head out to Stitch n Bitch, which had a two hour delay, since local schools were delayed for two hours. So today's get-together will be a luch instead of a breakfast. It's been a while since I had lunch at Cranberry's. I am looking forward to that. I will also be taking my camera, and will ask if I can take a few photos.

   Look for my report, as well as photos, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment