Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I am back from the brink of death

   I didn't blog yesterday, as you may have noticed. I was busy, having nasty liquids shooting out of both ends of me, at the same time. All day. It started late at night, I woke up with a tummy ache, and couldn't get back to sleep.

   Little did I know that within hours I would be begging for death. At one point, I asked Hubs to look up on the internet to see if there is anything I could take that will help. He came back and told me, NO, don't take anything, you just have to ride it through to the end. Thus, I have experienced the dreaded NoroVirus. How can an illness named after a gorgeous yarn be so awful? I am calling it The Yarn Flu. I had to ask my parents to find other sitters for two days. Hopefully I will be able to go back tomorrow.

   I finally feel better, but still very weak. I knew I was over the worst of it when I could finally keep down the water I'd been drinking to avoid dehydration. Then, I kept down the few pretzel sticks I got from Hubs. This morning, when I got out of bed, I made myself a glass of 1/2 OJ and 1/2 ginger ale.  And I made some chicken noodle soup for lunch. So far, so good.

   So soon, it will be back to normal activities. But for now, I think I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment