Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Famous Knitter's Influence / Lilac Report

     I read the Yarn Harlot's blog, like many, many other people. She is highly amusing. In fact, she is one of the reasons I began my own blog. She had been blogging about a shawl, Wingspan, and how nice it was to knit. And like many, many other knitters, I went to Ravelry and downloaded the pattern. It was even free. 

 
     If I had had to frog "the beast" again, I was going to give up on it, and cast on Wingspan. But to my delight, I was able to make good progress with "the beast", and so Wingspan gets put in my queue, and will up up next. I am looking forward to it! I will have to see if I have enough of any one yarn in my stash to make it. Wouldn't it be a pity if I had to go and buy more yarn??


     After a week of languishing in her plastic pot, this evening Hubs finally got a chance to put Miss Kim in her new place in the front yard. We hope she will be very happy there, and thrive, and give me many years of gorgeous smelling blooms. No photos yet, as it was getting dark by the time we were finished. I just watched the weather report, and showers  are predicted for the next five days, so she should get plenty of water. Now I just need her sisters to get planted.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment