Tuesday, May 8, 2012

While at Clermont...

    While I was sitting there in the AtKnitsEndYarn booth at Clermont, I was surprisingly enough, knitting. I was at that point nearly to the one quarter finished mark of the never-ending-garter-stitch blanket. I had, up to that point, not dropped a single solitary stitch.


   My friend Kim had gone off on a looking jaunt, and here she comes! She bears a gift for moi, a really beautiful beaded crochet hook fixer thing for dropped stitches. She bought three, all exactly alike, one for me as a thank you for helping, one for herself and one for friend ObliviousKnits.




   Shortly after receiving my gift, I was sitting there knitting, and it was like she jinxed me. I dropped a stitch! I cursed, and fumbled with one hand for the little tool, which was still in its package. I handed it to Kim, asking her to open it. She laughed, and was amazed that right after she bought me the tool, I needed to use it!


   I completely blame her for the dropped stitch. She did jinx me! That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment