Thursday, May 17, 2012

Forgiveness, Progress and Lilacs

    The Great Yarn Goddess has forgiven me my arrogance, shortly after I wrote my last post, I picked up the crocheted shawl and figured out where I fracked up. Woud you like to know? It turned out the first group in the row had one too few stitches. So that put everything else off by one stitch. I fixed it, and it's been full steam ahead ever since.


    I even made some progress on the great garter stitch beastie shawl!  But I am still taking it easy with this one, and waiting for my audience with Her Majesty the Knitting Queen for direction. It would have been yesterday, Wednesday, but she sent me a text message that they weren't going to be at karate. So I put my house clothes back on and settled back into my crocheting. I can have patience when I need to, even if I need to wait until Friday's Stitch n Bitch session.


   Today I went outside and took photos of my new lilac bushes. Since it finally stopped raining, it was do-able. And here is Miss Kim:


    I have to say, after Hubs took her out of the truck, she looked okay. But the next day, she began to look very peaked. Her leaves were wilting, and she looked pretty sad. I am very happy to report, that with all the rain we had for two days, she has perked right up, as you can see in the photo! I was worried that we were going to lose her.

 
   Here is another lilac, I'm afraid I don't know their names. I was too mesmerized by Miss Kim:





   And here is the third one, she is lovely as well! You can't see in this photo, but she has blooms too, like Miss Kim.  You can also see that our lawn needs mowing, but when it rains on Hubs' says off, that can't get done.



    I am hoping that this weekend, Hubs can get all three new ladies planted! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment