Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just Another Day?

    This morning I was up before the ass-crack of dawn, and before my alarm went off at 5:45 a.m.  I was up so I could go spend a few hours with my favorite 9 year old friend, between the time her Nana leaves for work and her mama gets home from work. This is always a challenge for me, as I am totally not a morning person.

  
   I then only had to worry about sitting for little Miss Malia. This went off without a hitch, she is a very pleasant and charming 16 month old little girl. I will not do her the disservice of calling her a baby, because she is not. She is a very smart little girl, who can count to 10, and knows what she wants. Many adults I know don't know that much.


   After Malia's dad came to get her, I went home to my empty house. Hubs had gotten up late, and headed down to the house in Fishkill to get some work done today. I called him from home, to see if he needed me to come and help him.  It turns out he did want some help. But first, I went to the karate school and visited with the Cherub and her mama.


   Now it's getting late, and I have to get up early again, although not as early as today. I will be sitting with Miss Malia all day tomorrow and Thursday. Her mama is putting in some overtime. That's fine with me, I could use the money.


   I was knitting when Malia woke up from her nap today, and as usual, she climbs up on my lap and lays there against my chest. It takes her a long time to wake up. So I finished the row I had started, and by then she had sat up and turned so she could watch me knit. I told her that if she wants me to, I will teach her how to knit when she gets older. She didn't respond, just laid her head back down and yawned again. It was definitely not just another day.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment