Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Tale of the Blue Jeans

     A few weeks ago, my beloved Hubs mentioned that he needs new jeans, as all of his are ripping in inconvenient places. Last week, I was able to accompany a friend to the store where I buy his jeans. It's across the river, and I don't like to drive over there. Someday it might make an interesting post to explain exactly why.


     I bought Hubs three pairs of new jeans in the size I was pretty sure he wore. I also bought him lots of new T-shirts, as he's been complaining that his have been going missing. When I got home, I removed all tags and threw all the new clothes into the washing machine. When I brought them upstairs, I compared the new ones to the ones he's been wearing. Uh oh. The new ones are a size smaller.


     The next day, I mentioned to Hubs that I thought I might have gotten him the wrong size jeans. He agreed with me, that he's been wearing the next size up. As soon as I could, yesterday, I got another friend to drive across the river with me, and I bought three more pairs, in the bigger size.


     Now, I didn't return the first jeans. They had been washed, and their tags were thrown away. I couldn't get them out of the garbage, they already had coffee grounds on them. Bummer. I thought of it as sort of a pay back for all the times I spent money on food, cooked it, and it didn't get eaten.


     This time, I left the tags on the jeans, and didn't wash them first. I put them on the bed for Hubs to try on. Last night, after his shower, he tried on one of the first pairs I had bought. THEY FIT!!  Then he tried on the newer ones. They were too big. I think we were both surprised. Now I get to take back the second set of jeans, and he's keeping the first set.


    I might mention that Hubs only wears carpenter jeans, he likes the way they fit. Do you know how hard they are to find? I can pay about $30 a pair at a local hardware type store, or go to the big, unpopular chain store and pay $17 or $18 a pair. Which do you think I did? That's right. I saved some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment