Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tinking Again, and Various Other Things

    I should have known better than to start knitting before I've had my coffee, I really should. I pick up the Beast, and start knitting, looking at the row counter first to make sure of which row I was going to be working on. I went all the way across, and then all the way back, and UH-OH. I stop and look, suddenly confused. Something's not right...


    I look again at the row counter, which told me that row 5 had been the last row completed. But in my pre-coffee daze, I totally forgot to cable cast on the six stitches when I started row 6. After swearing quite a bit, I decided that this mistake needed to be tinked. I set to work, and after a while, in a shorter time than I expected, it was done. It was a bit difficult at times, but I did it.


   Then I went to work, and after Malia went down for her nap, I realized I forgot my written pattern. It really was okay, since I am at the point where the pattern is there just for emergencies. I actually remembered what to do, so I was good. I actually got several repeats done while the little princess slept.


    After babysitting, I was going to the grocery store, so I stopped at the credit union to check my balance. As I was leaving, I checked the time, and realized Kim and Cherub would be at karate very soon. So I drove there, it's in the same plaza as the credit union, but they weren't there yet. After waiting only a short time, they came in! So I got some more knitting done during karate class. THEN I finally made it to the grocery store and picked up the few things I needed.


    For dinner tonight, I am making a pork loin roast, rubbed with Gobs of Garlic from the Awesome store, garlic mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and maybe pork gravy. Very yummy! The garlic flavor seeps down into the meat, it's soooo good!


    Still no new photos of Miss Kim or the other lilac bushes, it's been raining all day. But at least I know that they are getting enough water! But with all this humidity it's very difficult to breathe. I am getting a complete workout just sitting on the couch trying to breathe. There are days like this, thankfully not too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment