Friday, May 25, 2012

The World's Best Salad!

    I'm having it for dinner, and I make it myself! First I need to search through the fridge and see what there is to go in my salad. Hmmm, there's some left over lamb chops, but they are too old, so I throw them away. I guess there's no meat this time. I have been known to chop up left over pork roast, or chicken, or even steak and put it in my salad.


    Out of the fridge I pull the bagged salad mix, the extra sharp cheddar cheese, and  the pineapple spears I bought for just this purpose. Also I grab the salad dressing, more on that later. And out comes the jar of chopped hazelnuts. I buy them in a bag and put them in the jar and keep them in the refrigerator. I also pull out the package of mixed fruit that Julie left here earlier this week. She won't mind if I steal a few pieces of melon, will she?


    Then it's on to the freezer! I pull out the chopped broccoli, but change my mind and switch it for the bag of peas. I thaw some in the microwave and throw them on top of the salad mix in the BIG bowl. Then I cut some cheese into little cubes and they get thrown on top too. Next I slice the pineapple spear lengthwise and then chop it up too, on it goes to the growing pile. I pull some cantaloupe and that green melon out of the package and chop them up too. Then I sprinkle some of the chopped hazelnuts over the whole thing.


   I have been known to use fresh strawberries in my salad, they really taste delicious, even with chunky blue cheese dressing! I just love putting fruit in my salads! Then I realize I forgot the croutons! So I turn around and pull them out of the cupboard, and dump a large handful on top of the whole mess.


    Now for my favorite salad dressing. I really really love Marie's Blue Cheese
Vinaigrette, it's one of my favorites! I also love Ken's Sweet Vidalia Onion. Then there's my fall back dressing, Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese.  And here is what it looks like!





    Now, if you will excuse me, it's time to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment