Thursday, May 24, 2012

Todays Craft Report and More!

      After putting the Beast up for a day, I am back working on it. Now that I'm nearly halfway done, I want to finish it very badly. During the one day that I didn't work on it, I picked up Sara's baby blanket, and finally finished picking up the stitches for the fourth side. I even knitted two or three rows.


    Then I wanted to work on the crocheted shawl that I had gotten so far on. It was sitting here on the couch, right next to me, when the hook decided to slide out of the stitch it was in, and roll down between sections of our sectional. It is not, at this time, retrievable. In the past, there was enough space there that I could put a yardstick down there and manage to push out to the front the things that were lost. Now the sections  are just too close together. That makes two hooks in the past two weeks that have decided to do that. And I don't have spares of those sizes any more.


    The good news is that in about a week, the sectional will be moving to Fishkill with the boy. At that time, I am looking forward to joyously reuniting with my lost hooks. I wonder what else has been lost down there? I know there is at least one pencil, and maybe a pair of small scissors. Probably at least one yarn needle will be found also. It will be much like Christmas when this sectional is finally out of here!


    That event will start the ball rolling on all the work to get done around here. We will move into Jesse's room, and do our bedroom over. We've had new bedroom furniture waiting for us in the basement for years. Also, the carpet in the living/dining rooms and short hallway will be coming up. It's very old and Hubs wants it gone.


    I am greatly looking forward to shopping for a new couch, or couches, or recliners or .... whatever we decide on!

No comments:

Post a Comment