Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm Crocheting Today!

   Ever since I gave away my favorite shawl, I have been itching to crochet another one just like it. This time it will be a bit smaller, since I'm using a smaller hook and lighter weight yarn. So, I dug out the pattern, and started shortly after I finished the one side of the baby blanket. I did start picking up stitches on the 4th side, but it has lost its luster for me at this point. The same thing happened when I was picking up the stitches on the side I just finished. It took me three days to pick those up.


   So I am having a very nice Mother's Day, thank you!  Hubs and I were taken out to breakfast by our son, a very nice gesture! I also received three lilac trees! I have been asking for some for 22 years. He was only going to get the two, but then spotted a dwarf tree called Miss Kim, and he said he had to get that one too. Apparently Jess helped with the picking out. Now Hubs is trying to get some sleep, but not succeeding very well, I'm afraid. He's been out here twice already. He worked last night.


   I get to sit here and watch television and crochet. It's a nice peaceful way to spend a day. I will get photos of my lilacs once they have been planted. Two are going on the hill in the back yard, and Miss Kim is going in the front yard. Now, if you'll excuse me, I should get back to my crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment