Sunday, May 27, 2012

New Shawl Photo!

Saturday:

    I decided to take the Beast, formerly known as the Great Garter Stitch Monster, into my bedroom and take photos of it on the bed.  I also took measurements. I am now more than halfway done, and here is the photo:


       In order to get the best photo, I had to find something to stand on. I got out our really old step stool and took it into the bedroom. I think my shawl looks pretty good!


      As for the measurements, it is currently about 32 inches across the top, and at the halfway point, its 26 inches, therefore it will be 52 inches when finished (I hope). Also at the center point, it's about 27 inches deep.  I think the stripes look pretty good. I hate wasting yarn trying to match up the color changes. So the stripes are a little off.


    When I was writing this earlier, a thunderstorm started, and I got nervous, so I shut down. Now that it's over, I shall continue. I am glad it rained, I would have had to go out and water my two unplanted lilacs!


    I was knitting during the storm, and being as I'm a little tired, I made a mistake. AGAIN. So once again, I had to tink rows 1 and 8 because I forgot to do the cable cast on of the 6 stitches at the start of row 8. But I'm already through re-knitting those rows, so I'm over it.


   At this point I want to state that I was not intentionally being a snobby knitter when I challenged Kim about Venomous Tentacula. I was hoping to spur her on to finish it, really I was....


Sunday:

    Well, when Hubs got home from work this morning, it was still raining a little bit, so he decided not to plant my lilacs. We are currently watching The Glades, a show I really like when it was on the first time. I can't wait until next Sunday, when the new season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment