Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nearly Finished Blanket and Empty Nest Report

   YAY! This blanket is finally nearly finished! Last night, I started the top border, and now that is almost done. I was talking about it today with my knitting expert friend Jan, and I told her I wasn't looking forward to picking up all those stitches on the long edges. She had a great suggestion for that! She asked couldn't I do a row of crochet and pick up from that? That was brilliant!


   I was concerned about the edges because the stitches there seemed a bit tight. I really wasn't looking forward to trying to work them. And just so you are aware, I won't be posting another photo of the blanket until it's completely finished, and washed and dried.


   As for the empty nest, it's getting closer and closer! Work is coming along on the house in Fishkill. The greatest advance, in my opinion, is the decision not to refinish the main floor hardwood floors. That would have taken a good chunk of time, and more money than we anticipated. The kids are so excited! Graeme and Amy's room is all painted, yellow, and Jess and Julie are down there now, doing their second coat. They chose purple, it's Julie's favorite color.  


   I can't wait to get our house all to ourselves! So much to do once the boy is outta here! I am not going to talk about our plans just yet, even though I may have mentioned something in a earlier post. Let's just say that changes are on the way!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment