Saturday, May 5, 2012

What a Lovely Day!

   My day was pretty good, actually. I got to sleep late, until 9:30. I waited to get up until Hubs fell asleep. That's my favorite time of the day, when I can put my hand on his back, and he falls asleep. I got up and made myself some coffee, then started knitting.


   I got a few pattern repeats done, too. I am pleased that I am not needing to refer to the written pattern any more! I ate my cookie from Cranberry's with my coffee. It was my very favorite cookie, too. A walnut melt-away. They were originally made with pecans, but the nuts got too expensive. I have told them they could make them with almost any nut, and they would still be the worlds best cookie!


   To my surprise, Hubs only slept for two hours. So I made him some coffee and we settled in to watch a Steven Seagal movie, one where he fights vampire zombie things. It was made in 2009 and is called Against The Dark.


   After that, he took a shower and got on with his day. He went up to the farm and checked his trail cameras. While he was gone, I got all the dishes done, and started some laundry. Then he came home and looked at the photos that were taken. After a while, he went into the garage/man cave to try and get one of the three weed wackers, and one of the two leaf blowers to work. I think he was successful.


   After a while he took his chain saw down by the creek, and started trying to cut up the bigger pieces of the trees that we had had cut down last fall. By this time he was getting tired, so that didn't last too long. He came back into the house and I started dinner. We had Barbecued Sirloin Tips with garlic mashed potatoes. Yum. I made Jesse some Alfredo noodles with broccoli, his favorite.


   Now I'm back to knitting, and watching Cars on pay-per-view, as the movie channel that it's on is all broken up from sun spots and it's difficult to watch. We have plans to watch Cars 2 also tonight. I think I'm going to go fix myself a drink... my life sounds waaay more boring than it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment