Friday, May 4, 2012

In Which I Discover Something Interesting

    As most of you know, I have been knitting intensely for nearly two years now. I worked my way through a bunch of scarves, three hats, four sweaters of one kind, and two of another. There have been so many shawls I can't even put a number to it.  I am now working on my second baby blanket.


   In all this time, I have also crocheted four afghans. Which, I am sorry to say, I have  still not mailed to Texas, sorry Gordie! I started a sweater for my granddaughter Chloe, but I just can't make myself do it. I have to say, that's entirely my fault, not Chloes. I have just gotten lazy.


   And so I made my discovery. I crocheted exclusively for over 30 years, and now I don't want to do it any more. Hopefully I will make the wrist warmers for my son-in-law, but other than that, I have no desire to crochet any more. I find that fact very saddening. My crochet hooks were my closest friends for a very long time. I had many hooks of different colors in all sizes, so I could use one the complimented or contrasted my project.


   I had my hooks organized into plastic holder things, by size. I had one for tiny hooks, for sizes up to G. One for "regular size" hooks, sizes H thru K, and one for the big hooks, sizes L and up. Since we moved back from Fishkill last year, I have misplaced my tiny hooks container, and I can't find it anywhere. I am surprised that this doesn't upset me! I think this was my first hint about how my feelings were changing. I was also in denial about it. I am really good about totally ignoring unpleasant facts, ask my Hubs, he'll tell you.


   And so I apologise to all my crocheting friends. I am now a knitter. I just hope I don't knit exclusively for the next 30 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment