Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Knitting Update and Product Disappointment

   The current blanket I am knitting has a 12 row repeat. I never thought I would memorize it. But after a time, I am finding I am beginning to remember which row comes next! I am only keeping the printed pattern handy in case I forget which row is which. Here is a photo of my progress:


   Pretty cool, huh? I'm thinking this will be a lovely baby blanket when it's finished. I have to agree, these certainly are soothing colors.


   Remember the other day, when I went to Michael's, then had to go back? Well. Both of the row counters for circular needles that I bought, broke. The first one after about 3 rows of knitting. I was pissed, but glad I bought a second one. Then the second one broke, even after being more careful with it!! They were $3 a piece! I asked my Hubs if it is possible to glue the counter thing back onto the hanging stem that it broke off of. He says probably, but he doesn't have any super-type glue. So I am making do.


   Another thing: On the stupid row counters, the numbers were extremely hard to turn! That was how the first one broke! WTF?? Is it that hard to make something that functions the way it's supposed to, for a decent price, with about 1/2 cents worth of plastic??  OK, I think I' done ranting and raving for today.


   Having read Miss Viscious' blog about her circular needle problems, perhaps I will regale you all with my circular needle disappointments. I've only had one, but it was enough, let me tell you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment