Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Great Tattoo Adventure

   Yesterday, I went with Hubs to his tattoo appointment.  He had been given a gift certificate for his birthday, by our daughter and her husband. He had been looking for months for just the right image. He knew he wanted a grim reaper, holding a bow, and sitting on a throne of skulls. My Hubs is an avid bow hunter.

   When we got there, to Pop's Tattoo in Kingston, Cookie had drawn up an awesome picture. Cookie is a friend and band-mate of our son in law. He is also a fantastic tattoo artist! He got right to work, and had done the outline in just a couple of hours. I should mention that this tattoo is kind of big, takes up the whole upper arm on Hubs. Then Cookie started the filling in. That is where the artistry really shows!

  
    While there, I took some photos. Here's one of the shop.


Here's one of Cookie, at work on Hubs' arm.



Here is a photo of the outline:


                       And here's the progress so far. Hubs had to make another appointment to have it finished.


Isn't it amazing, how the robe is all drapey? I love it! As I sat there, watching, I realized I am really jealous, as I am now the only person in my family that doesn't have Cookies ink in my skin! My son in law came with the ink, my son has two of Cookies tattoos, even my daughter has a tattoo now! And now Hubs. I need another tattoo, done by Cookie! Until then I will not be happy. Maybe for Christmas? I hope so!


No comments:

Post a Comment