Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tomorrow Is Thanksgiving!

   Well, here we are. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. This year I have lots to be thankful for, just like every other year. But this year is different. This year I am not attending a big, multi-generational Thanksgiving dinner. My immediate family will all be in different places, and I am OK with that.

  My beloved daughter will be with her Hubby's family, and hopefully she will take her Grandmother too. My oldest son will be snug in his home with his lovely wife and their two little ones. My youngest son is spending this holiday with his girlfriend at her family's giant multi-generational dinner. As for Hubs and myself, he has to work, so during the day he will be sleeping, and after he goes to work, I shall go visit a girlfriend for a while.

   We have decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, after his work week is over. That's when we will cook our turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, etc. The pressure of the big family dinner will be off, it'll be just Hubs and myself. However, for dinner tomorrow night, I did purchase a nice turkey pot pie to eat, with a single serving peach pie for dessert.

   I can't help thinking of my mother-in-law. Last year at this time, we had our last Thanksgiving dinner together. I made a nice ham with all the fixin's. And those who didn't come to dinner, came afterwards for dessert. We didn't want to overwhelm her with company. Eight days later, she passed. I am still sad, I miss her a lot.

   So this year, I need to take the day off, and withdraw from people. Maybe next year, I can get back into the swing of things. I think it's going to be a rough holiday season, maybe rougher than last years.

No comments:

Post a Comment