Monday, November 7, 2011

Treasures In My Yarn Stash!

   For the last few days, Hubs and I have been searching our house for a lost gift certificate. He's going to use it tomorrow, so the pressure was on. I told him to leave me alone, and let me think. I need to get into the frame of mind I was in at the time we last laid eyes on it.

   We were still in Fishkill, packing things up to come home. Where would I put an important item such as this? In a flash of genius, I realized! The gift certificate is in my yarn stash! I remember putting all sorts of important things in there, to keep them safe.

  What's really unfortunate about all this, is that I was the one who had possession of said gift certificate! Usually, I make Hubs take care of his own stuff. I believe I have now learned my lesson. So I searched through my three giant soft bins of yarn. I was able to immediately dismiss the first two, since they were on top. It was the bottom one I was interested in. I opened the zipper, and there, before my eyes, was four skeins of beautiful Malabrigo I had forgotten about! How does that happen? Who forgets they have Malabrigo?

   I also re-discovered a partially done scarf, in 2 X 2 ribbing, also of Malabrigo, a beautiful chocolate brown. In fact, the colorway is Coco! I pulled that WIP out of the stash bin, as well as another skein to finish the scarf.  Since my current shawl project is stalled, and in limbo, I can work on the scarf! (I have one too many stitches in between two stitch markers, all the others have 17, this one has 18!)

   It was heavenly, to run my hands through all that softness of yarn! What unimaginable treasures I found in that bin! Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, I also found the gift certificate!

   If you leave me a comment to remind me, someday I would like to tell you about my yarn stash that stretches to two, yes TWO, houses! It was actually three when we lived in Fishkill, but now it's back to two. How that happened is a story too!

No comments:

Post a Comment