Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Oopsie, I Forgot Some Details

   Just after I posted the last post, I realized that I hadn't told you about my decision to change the yarn I used for the sweater!  I started the swatch, as I described earlier, and after doing just two rows, I realized I could not possibly do an entire sweater in this thin thin yarn with the super tiny tiny hook. So I rethought it.

   I really didn't want to spend more money (read - my Hubs' money) on yarn. I decided to look through my acrylic stash and if there was enough of any one yarn, I would use that. Hopefully it would be in a color that was acceptable, which was purple, pink or blue. Lucky me, I found that I had more than enough of Lion Brand Cotton Ease, in purple! I remember I had bought it to make a top for myself, and it's still a UFO. (Un Finished Object) This yarn is plenty soft enough for a child's sweater, and it's machine washable and dryable. Huzzah, I think we have a winner!

   I also reckoned I would have to use a larger hook, since the F hook was way too tiny for me. I upgraded to the G size hook. It shouldn't matter that much to the pattern since it doesn't say "make a chain of X number of stitches",  but rather, "make a chain of X number of inches", so no matter what size hook I use, or yarn weight I use, it should work, right? Just say "Yes, Kim, it should work."  Because I won't listen if you say no anyway. I can and will make this work.

   So now, I think you are all up to date. I don't think I've left anything else out. If I find that I have, I will just have to post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment