Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Down, Many To Go!

   Last night, I started making a hat for my son. Now, I know I said that I would need to finish a few things before I start something new, but I felt it calling to me. You know that feeling, right? Well, today, I finished it. I'm getting pretty good at this really simple hat pattern from Elizabeth Zimmermann. This is the 5th one I've made? Let's see, 2 pink ones, for practice, the cranberry colored one to match my sweater, the brown one to match my other sweater, the black one I just made for Hubs, and now this grey one.

   The other evening, I decided to break down and order the pattern download from Annie's Attic, for the adorable little sweater for my granddaughter. I don't have the yarn in my stash for it, so this means a trip to the yarn store. I haven't gone yet, surprise, suprise. This little sweater is going to kick my ass, I just know it. It's crocheted, and made with sock yarn. It also uses a size F crochet hook. I hate using anything smaller than a J. In fact, my favorite hook is the N.

   It's been a while since I crocheted, but the last time I did, I made 4 afghans in about 3 weeks. I haven't mailed them to Texas yet, either! As soon as I find enough loose change to pay for the postage, I will mail it. Those suckers are heavy! I still plan to put them in the Space Bag Cube, and suck the air out to make the package small enough to fit into a box.

   I am currently working on the striped shawl, getting down to the end very soon. I'm thinking maybe a few rows of garter stitch to finish it off. In fact, after my confession of all the WIP I have, I forgot one! I still haven't finished the cranberry sweater! And every time I look in one of my various bags that are scattered around the house, I find at least one more unfinished project.

   One of the yarns I have some across recently is the Sugar n Creme, the nice cotton that I used to make shopping bags with. It turns out I don't like those shopping bags, and rarely use them. I prefer the cloth ones. So I have all this yarn, and I'm thinking I need to borrow a friends pattern book of wash cloths and dish cloths, and make up a bunch for holiday gifts. Like I need more pressure! At least the current WIP can be put aside and finished after the holidays, since none of them are for gifting.

   I just realized yesterday that Thanksgiving is next week!! Where did all the time go? I don't even know what I'm doing for Turkey Day, since Hubs has to work. I told my son to go to his girlfriends house with her family, and told my mom to go with my daughter to her husbands family. That leaves me all alone, and I don't mind. I could always make a Swanson Turkey TV dinner or something. Just kidding, I'm going to buy a smaller turkey and cook it, and Hubs and I will eat it over the weekend after his work week is finished.

   I will let you know next week what I end up doing. I'm sure it'll be a fun time, no matter what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment