Thursday, November 10, 2011

Temptation Rears It's Ugly, Ugly Head

   Let me start by saying that I have been up since 4:15 this morning. The mighty hunter's alarm went off, and he hit the snooze button. When the alarm went off a second time, he rolled over and told me he was going to sleep in this morning. That's all well and good, but I was unable to go back to sleep.

   I gave up trying at 5:30. I got up, came out to the living room, and turned on the TV, and the coffee maker. I had set it up last night for the mighty hunter. The time passed slowly until it was time to go to breakfast with my friend Kim. We had a great time together, as always, and she asked me to go with her to a LYS (local yarn store). This is where the temptation part comes in.

   This place had lots and lots of yummylicious yarn. It was very depressing for me, as I have no income, and can't spend any money on yarny goodness. However, I was able to watch Kim as she picked out all kinds of luscious yarns. She will be using them for holiday gift knitting. At least I got to fondle and sniff the yarns.

   I have always said, I can resist anything but temptation. And chocolate. And now that it's late in the afternoon, I am really tired. I recently shoved the mighty hunter out the door for an afternoon hunt. So maybe I can take a nap. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment