Monday, November 21, 2011

Sock Yarn for Sweater, and Dentist Adventure

  Friday evening, as I was eating my dinner, my temporary crown came out. No biggie, I cleaned it off and put it back in, per the dentists instructions. He had also told me to call right away, so it can be cemented back in place. Being Friday night, I had to wait until today.

  So first thing this morning, I called the dentists office, and they told me to come in at 1:30. I had time to spend with Bonny, and go yarn shopping, yay! Off we go to Michaels craft store, where I'm pretty sure I will find just the acrylic sock yarn I need for Granddaughters adorable sweater.

   I did finally settle on some Lion Brand Sock Ease, in purple. I already have some in my stash, so I didn't need to buy 3, just 2. Afterwards, I go back to Bonny's with her and we set to making a necklace with the stuff she bought. She wanted a Christmasy necklace to wear to work on Black Friday.

   When I left her house, I still had an hour until I was to go to the dentist. I got home in time to spend a little time with Hubs before he went off hunting, and I helped him pull out parts the parts of the pool cover that had fallen into the pool. Happens every year. After he left, I was hungry, so I made myself a sandwich. Just when I finished eating it, I looked at the clock and it was just past 2 pm. Schreech! I jumped up, put my boots back on, and ran out to the Jeep. Thank goodness the dentists office is pretty close to my house.

   They were still able to fit me in. I told them I lost track of the time (true), was having lunch(also true) with friends(not true) when I remembered about my appointment. So I only had to wait a few minutes, got my temporary crown cemented back in place, and headed home. I got back here at 2:35. It's gotta be one of the fastest dentist visits on record.

   Since I wasn't too happy about the not-softness of the yarn for Chloe's sweater, I decided to crochet up a swatch and throw it in the washer and dryer to see how it softens up. There I was crocheting this thin thin yarn with a tiny tiny hook. I was not happy. I have decided to rethink the yarn and hook used for the sweater. I could make it in heavier yarn with a bigger hook, and I would be much happier. I am going to look through my current stash to see if I have enough of any one yarn. And this is my day, so far. Yippee skippee!

   I had made beef barley soup for diner last night. A whole big pot. I was planning on eating the rest for dinner tonight. Hubs informed me that there wasn't enough for dinner for the three of us. So I will make Venison chili. I have all the fixin's in the pantry. That's always good, and The Son will eat it too. I just hope The Girlfriend will eat it. Some people freak when they hear "Venison", and won't eat it.

    I guess we will just have to see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment