Thursday, November 24, 2011

How I Spent My Thanksgiving Holiday

   I had wanted to spend the day all by myself. It didn't end up that way. My good friend Bonny usually travels to Indiana with her whole family, to spend the holiday with other members of her Hubs' very large family. They go every year, and I believe they are gone 4 or 5 days. Well, this year, Bonny and her daughter Samantha didn't get to go, they both have to work on Black Friday.

   Poor Bonny is not used to being alone! After I tucked my Hubs in for the day, and after I drank my coffee, I packed up my crocheting project and headed over to Bonny's house. We sat, and crocheted, and watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade, then the Dog Show. It was a good time, and kept me from brooding.

   When I got home from Bonny's, my Hubs was already awake! So I made him coffee, and we hung out until he went to work.  As he was leaving, I mentioned that I was expected at my other good friend, Kim's house! He urged me to go, so I did. We got to hang out and watch some kids shows. Then she cooked for the three of us! She makes a mean frozen pizza, let me tell you!  She and her mom, and her daughter the Cherub will be having their big turkey dinner tomorrow.

   So I didn't get to have my turkey pot pie tonight. I will probably have it for lunch tomorrow. I also have to remember to take our turkey out of the freezer tomorrow, so it will be thawed to cook on Sunday.  It was good to spend the day with people I care about.

   The fact that I got so much work done on my granddaughter's sweater was a bonus! I finished the back, but had trouble getting the right number of stitches for the first front. After about an hour, It finally worked out. So I can work hard at that now. Hopefully, I won't have that much trouble starting the second front! I also have to go through my stash more thoroughly, I don't think I have enough of the yarn out. I need to find more. The back took nearly a whole skein, and I only have two more skeins out.

   All in all, it was a good day, Tater.

No comments:

Post a Comment