Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WIP Update, Look What I found!

   Yesterday, as I was searching for the missing gift certificate, I came across some WIPs that I had forgotten about! The scarf, I talked about yesterday. Here's a photo of that one! It's so soft!


   And today, I was getting out my swift to wind another ball of the Coco Malibrigo, and behind it was another bag. Being always curious, and ready to discover more treasures, I pulled out the bag and opened it. Inside was another WIP, a shawl I had started last winter, while we were in Fishkill. It's pretty big, so I have added it to my to-do list.  Here is a photo of the shawl, so far!


   It's made with Patons Lace yarn, And it's so light and lovely! And finally, I have a photo here of the progress on my bornday shawl. I have encountered a problem, so I have to wait until tomorrow evening, when I see my knitting expert, to sort it out.


    The problem lies between the two stitch markers on the furthest right of the photo. Between all the other markers, there are 17 stitches, between those two, there are 18. I have looked it over carefully, and think I can see where the problem is, but I can't figure out exactly WHAT the problem is! I can't really explain it, but after doing the wrong side purl row, and looking at the right side, there are no two stitches alike that are next to each other,  which would indicate a missed stitch somewhere. And since this is the set up row for a new stitch pattern, I can't look at it and see what doesn't line up. Does that make any sense?

   Anyway, I have to go make coffee for hubs now. We are going to Kingston today, for the outline of his new tattoo. I will be taking the found shawl with me to work on. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment