Wednesday, November 2, 2011

In Which I Discuss A Few Things Of Personal Importance

   I didn't get a chance to write today, and since it's after midnight, technically it's now tomorrow. I was in bed with Hubs, he had to go to bed early since he was to work in the morning. I fell asleep early, and when I woke up a while ago, I came out to the living room to take care of my farmville farms. When I went back in to bed, I couldn't get back to sleep! So, here I am, catching up on my blog.

   My day yesterday started out badly. I got out of bed, set up the coffee maker, and turned it on. I went in to the living room to wait, and play on my laptop. After a while, I was ready to have some coffee, so I got up to get myself some. Imagine my chagrin when I discover that the coffee wasn't ready, had not even brewed. The water was still in the reservoir, and the pot was not full of hot delicious chocolate coffee goodness.

   In earnest, I turned the pot off, then on again a few times. Still nothing. I even unplugged it and plugged it back in again a couple of times, just to be sure. I ended up having to go to a store, and buy a new coffee maker, before I could have my first cup of coffee. How badly does that suck? I think I may have growled at a few people in the store while making my way to the check out, with the box tucked under my arm.

   I try really hard to never have to go out in public without having first having had at least one cup of coffee. Last Saturday, I was faced with a similar situation. It was the day that the big, bad, October storm was coming. That morning, I got out of bed, and got dressed right away. My Darling Hubs had asked me to get him some more cigars whilst he slept, so he wouldn't have to stop on the way to work, in the storm, to get some. I did this for him, without benefit of coffee, because I wanted to get it done as soon as possible, and before it began to snow. I made it. I am a good wife.

   So here I am, sitting here because I can't get back to sleep. I turned on the TV and The Mummy is on. That movie was on before I went in to bed! And it was on when I woke up to use the facilities! It's like Christmas, when they show that movie with Ralphie and the BB Gun for 24 hours straight.  I think it's A Christmas Story.

   Yesterday, I remembered that I had some Lion Brand Amazing yarn hanging around, and thought it would make a cool looking hat. So I cast on the stitches, and started the 2 X 2 ribbing. It didn't work! I tore it out, and tried again. The second time, I twisted it. After the third attempt failed, I decided that the yarn really didn't want to be a stinking hat. So I used the yarn left over from my new sweater. It's working out really nicely! I love it, so far. I will be beginning the decreases soon.

   Speaking of the sweater, I am having trouble again. I only need to sew up the pockets; in fact, one is 2/3 done. I can't seem to get into it. And I am not happy with the shoulder seams, but I've already decided that I am not going to do them over, frack it.

   And friendship.  Isn't it weird who we are  attracted to be friends with? And what happens when two of your friends are no longer friends? Is it like a messy divorce, where friends have to choose a side? Is that fair to the friends? It's not our fault. I think we should be treated more like the children of the friendship, and they should have shared custody. After all, we "kids" love both of you!  I needed to get that off my chest, "Just sayin' is all..."   (My favorite quote from the movie, Sweet Home Alabama)

No comments:

Post a Comment