Saturday, November 5, 2011

In Which I Find Lost Valuables!

    As you may remember, Hubs and I lived in Fishkill over the winter last year. Of course, we took all our favorite things with us. We were there longer than Hubs wanted to be, but we did what was necessary.

   When we were able to come home this past May, I ended up putting all my belongings into cloth shopping bags, and packing them into the Jeep and truck for the trip home. In the excitement of our homecoming, I think I just put bags anywhere I could find room. It turns out that one of my bags got misplaced. Almost immediately, I couldn't find my jewelry.

   For the last 6 months, I have been searching for my jewelry. I keep going to the same bags, over and over again, thinking it will suddenly appear there. And yes, some of my bags are still unpacked! Could someone please explain to me how, when I removed lots of my belongings, there is no room anywhere to put my stuff back? Did the remaining things get jealous while I was gone? They must have gotten bigger, or had children or something. There was no room for the things I took by the time I got them home!

   That is beside the point, but an interesting phenomenon all the same. Perhaps it should be studied by a think tank or something. Anyway, last night, while I was looking in one of Hubs' bags, I moved it, and under it, was the bag with all my missing things in it! My favorite diamond earrings! All my pendants, rings, and earrings! I was ecstatic! In the bag was my favorite body butters that had also been missing. It was a bloody miracle!

    All this time, I hadn't given up hope. I knew they had to be here somewhere! Different thoughts kept running through my head. Maybe Hubs had thrown them away, no realizing what was in the bag? Maybe the bag is still in the truck, or Jeep? I have actually searched them both, more than once, hoping against hope that the missing bag would appear. I hadn't even told Hubs that my jewelry was missing. I didn't want to cause him more stress than he already has.

   So now I am really happy, and my favorite earrings are back where they belong, in my ears! Hubs bought them for me when we were in Portland, Oregon a few years ago. He was sent there for work, for training. He had been to Austin, Texas, the year before, and we discovered that we didn't like being separated for that long. So this time, I went with him. We had a blast in Oregon. I would love to spend more time there. Maybe someday...

   So today, all is right with the world! Now, I better get moving. There's laundry and dishes to do before I can have my knitting time.


  

1 comment:

  1. So, you're now slathered in body butters and wearing all your jewelry, I hope? ;) Glad you've been reunited.

    ReplyDelete