Saturday, November 19, 2011

Stitch N Bitch Report

  Yesterday morning, our little Stitch n Bitch group met for breakfast, knitting and crocheting.  After all had our food had been eaten, we got down to business. I was working on a rectangle shawl, as the striped one is getting too big for KIP. Jan, very bravely I think, brought the very beginning of a new lace shawl she had just started. I think she only had the cast on done. I saw the pattern for this, and it looks REALLY intense and very lacy.

   I would never bring a brand new complicated project to group, especially if it has, like, over 300 stitches to start with! But she is an expert knitter, and nothing phases her. Our resident full time crocheter, Bonny, was working on an amigurumi style triceratops dinosaur for her grandson for Christmas. It was very cute!

   Our fearless leader, the other Kim, stopped by to re-stock her yarn in the cafe. She is AtKnitsEndYarns, she has an Etsy shop, and also sells her yarn at Cranberry's. She had texted me early in the morning to let me know she wouldn't be able to make the get-together, since her daughter was sick.  She stayed until her take out order was ready. All in all, we had some lively conversation, good food, and fun crafting!

   Hopefully, next time more of our members can make it. A few, we haven't seen in months. One member at least let me know she couldn't make it, she was going to New York City with her grandson. We hope they had a great time! As for me, I stay away from the City. But that's my personal preference.

   Until next time, Happy Crafting!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment