Tuesday, December 20, 2011

And So It Begins...

   That's right. Today I broke down and bought the first Christmas gift. It's for my son's girlfriend's mom and step dad. We will be meeting them Christmas Eve, and Hubs told me that we shouldn't arrive empty handed. I told him I was planning on bringing one of my chocolate truffle tarts. He decided that that wasn't enough. So I went to the Awesome Store and picked out some goodies that they put into a gift basket for me.

   I hope they like what I picked out. Some jams, some fudge, a package of candied almonds, and a package of my favorite soup mix. Lots of what they sell they make themselves. And there are lots of things that are locally made too. Everything I've had from there is really good. I love their soup mixes. It makes a whole, big pot of soup, and they are vegetarian, but you can add meat if you want. Of course, I do.

   So that's one gift down. Thank the yarn Goddess that the family has decided not to give gifts to each other this year, only to the kids. I have stopped working on Chloe's sweater, I decided I don't like the yarn I'm using. I will do it over after Christmas, but I still need to get something for her and her little brother. I also need a gift for my nephew Christopher. I think his big sister is old enough to qualify as an adult this year, making her exempt from gifting. I believe she's 20, or will be on her next birthday, in February.

   As for my mom, well, Sara had an idea, and we are going halves on it. I will give her the money when I see her. Probably at our big family dinner in the 26th. The gift I ordered for Hubs and myself came this past week. I decided not to save them for under the tree. So we've been using them. I bought us each a new pillow. The ones they show on TV. So far, it's working for me, but Hubs says he's not loving it. If I have to, I will send his back. But I'm keeping mine.

   Most of my gifts for my friends will be chocolate truffle tarts. Those I can wait to make. I'm also taking one to the family dinner. So wooo hooo. Christmas is finally underway at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment