Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Eve Preparations

   This year, I am ready for New Years Eve. I have my dinner planned (pork roast, garlic mashed taters), Champagne is chilling in the fridge, I even have appetizers ready(TWO! Pepperoni and cheese on crackers, and shrimp cocktail). Just my luck, Hubs will stay up all morning, fall asleep in the early afternoon and sleep through dinner! That's what usually happens when I have the nerve to make plans.

   We will even be alone for the evening this year! Beloved son is taking girlfriend Julie and going away somewhere. I was asked(told) ever so politely(not) to make them some of my World Famous Deluxe Gourmet Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are so awesome, but I don't make them very often. Simply for public safety reasons.

  The last time I made them, I made a special batch for Hubs' friend, put them in a box and taped it shut to prevent unauthorized sneaking of said cookies. Less than two weeks later, this friend had a massive heart attack on his way home from work. I understand that it's probably not my fault that he died, but I still feel like my cookies killed him. It has made me a lot more cautious when I make my cookies. I ask people who are going to eat them to sign a waiver that they are in relatively good health, and that my cookies are not responsible if they have sudden health issues. It may not stand up in court, but it makes me feel better.

   In crafting news, last night I cast on the shawl project I was telling you about. It took a long time to cast on, I could only do 50 stitches at a time. I would stop and count those stitches at least twice, just to make sure it was right. Then I could move on to the next 50. I was putting a stitch marker every 50 stitches. I have at this time knitted about 10 rows. The row I am currently on is a weird one, slip six stitches to a cable needle, twist it 180 degrees then knit the stitches off the cable needle. You do this all the way across the row, except for the first three and last three stitches. Thank the yarn goddess I only have to do this twice in the whole shawl. Once at the bottom edge and once at the top edge.

   And that's all for today, folks. I have no idea if I will post tomorrow, only time will tell. I may end up with an angry disappointed post about husbands who sleep through dinner. Or not! Either way, have a safe and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment