Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Yarnbomb and Dental Report

   Last year at this time, my friend the nut* made a yarnbomb for our town nativity. A blanket for the baby Jesus, and scarves for the wise men. It was very cute! At the end of the season, when the town put away the nativity scene, we wondered what would become of the yarn bomb. Would they toss the blankie and scarves? Or would they pack them away for this year?

   Well, today we have our answer. She went by the town hall this morning, and yes, Virginia, the yarnbomb is back! Well, at least, most of it is back. The wise men have their scarves, but it seems the baby Jesus' blankie is missing. She was thrilled, and is planning on making Jesus a new blankie. Hopefully soon, he will be all warm and sung in his manger.

   I haven't yet driven by the town hall to see it for myself, but I can imagine I will soon. I regularly drive by on my way to almost everywhere. Perhaps when I go visit the nativity, I will happen to have my camera, and can snap a photo or two.

   "And now for something completely different", as Monty Python was fond of saying. I had my next dentist appointment this morning. They removed the temporary crowns and put in the permanent ones. They feel really weird.  But it wasn't a torture session this time. Yay for me! In fact, I was in and out and home in thirty minutes from the time of my appointment.  I know! How often does that happen? Especially at this office.

   Before I was a patient there, My friend Bonny asked me to accompany her to her appointment, she promised it shouldn't take long at all. I took my current crochet project, and went with her. It turned out that I didn't bring enough yarn. She was in there more than 3 hours! It was the toughest 3 hours of my life! I was so bored, once I couldn't crochet any more. I untangled my yarn, I read every magazine I could find. I counted ceiling tiles. I counted how many people came in and out in a certain length of time. I nearly lost my mind.

   When I started going there as a patient, based on my visit with Bonny, I had my Hubs set his alarm to wake him up in case I wasn't home in time. This was when my appointments were in the early afternoon. He has to be up for work by 4 pm. I have relaxed since then, my visits have never taken that long. But you can understand my concern! After the first few appointments, I started making them for the mornings.  Easy peasy.

   I do enjoy people watching in the waiting room. There are three offices that share one waiting room, and it's pretty big.  It seems that people from the lower portion of the economic ladder frequent these offices. Not all, mind you, but enough to make people watching interesting.

   Today, the highlight of my visit came from a receptionist in the neighboring doctors office. She was on the phone, talking to a patient in a loud voice. "You can't wait that long! You need to come in soon! How big is the boil? Is it red?" I kid you not! Everyone in the waiting room could hear this conversation. Apparently, the patient will be coming in tomorrow to have it looked at. I just shake my head.

* I have not used her name, in case she wishes to remain anonymous

  

No comments:

Post a Comment