Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chocolate Truffle Tart, Take III

   Today I decided it was time to try a new version of the chocolate truffle tart. I used the springform pan I found in my cupboard, and baked the pie crust in it. I waited until it was done before I made the filling; I wanted to be sure it wouldn't stick. As soon as it came out of the oven, I knew it was a winner, it slid around a little inside the pan.

   So I heated up my cream, and poured my semi-sweet chips into the bowl. I added the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Then I added my extra ingredient, about a cup of Nutella. When the cream was hot, I poured it in, and let it sit for a minute. Then I whisked it until it was smooth.  Of course, I had to taste it. It was delicious. Once it cooled to room temperature, I poured it into the cooled shell. Once it was spread out evenly, I covered it with plastic wrap and popped it into the fridge to cool and solidify.

   I just took it out a little while ago. I haven't cut into it yet, but I can't wait. I sure hope it's got a good truffle-like texture. I am excited about using the springform pan, it will make for easier cutting the tart before I take it to the holiday get together, as well as make it easier to serve.

   As for my crafting, I am still not making any progress. Even though Hubs was nice enough to stop at the yarn store on our way home yesterday, for me to get some yarn I need to finish Chloe's little sweater.  I am just not feeling like crocheting lately. It sucks! I know Christmas is coming fast, and I need to have gifts for my grandbabies.

   The good news is that I did finish my sweater, and it's awesome. I was hoping that it would inspire me to get back to work on my other projects, but it didn't. I can see myself busting my butt on Christmas Eve to finish. The better news is that we aren't having our family dinner with gift giving until the 26th. So that gives me a couple of extra days. Will someone please light my fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment