Thursday, December 8, 2011

Frustration Sets In

   This morning, I woke up with an idea for a blog topic. I got out of bed to write some things down, because if I didn't, I would totally forget my idea. It's happened before.

   When I got up for real, I started writing on my chosen topic. I wrote and wrote; I was on a roll. But when I went back and read what I had written, I wasn't happy with it. I felt I was not making the points I had intended. I tried to edit it and fix it, but I couldn't. So I erased the whole thing. The idea is still a good one, I think, but maybe I should think on it some more. It looks like I have to shelve the idea, and save it for another time.

   That means I have no topic for today. Perhaps I can update you on my crafting progress. I haven't made any. There, I said it. This is frustrating too! I haven't picked up any knitting or crocheting since Stitch n Bitch last Friday. I sure hope this is only a temporary set back. I need to finish Chloe's sweater, and make her brother's hat and scarf. I would also like to finish my own sweater. I only need to sew the pocket seams up, for fracks sake!

   Truthfully, I would really like to re-do Chloe's sweater. I am not happy with the feel of the fabric. I want it to be softer. Right now, I'm hoping it gets soft when I wash it. But I have to finish it first to find out. And Christmas is coming fast.

   Hubs and I will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary in 9 days. Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday we pledged ourselves to each other. But the passage of time is very evident every time I look at our son. It truly makes me proud, to see how well he has grown up. I know he's not done yet, but at 22, he's pretty much in his final form.

  Whatever he decides to do in the future, I know he will be a terrific teacher, if that's what he ends up doing, and a great dad. That's all I can ask for as his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment