Saturday, December 17, 2011

Anniversary Stories and Doings

   Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary. I may have mentioned this before... It is especially pleasing to have lasted this long because we only knew each other for six months before we got married. It has been my habit these many years to inquire of married couples how long they knew each other before tying the knot.

   And in all these years, I have only found one couple, who are still together, who knew each other for less than six months. This delightful couple knew each other for literally five or six weeks before they got married. And that was nearly thirty years ago! So it seems that Hubs and I have neaten the odds.

   Tonight, to celebrate, Hubs took me out to dinner. We went to Billy Bob's BBQ, owned and operated by a former co-worker and his family. This was our second visit to his establishment, the first being on my birthday earlier this year. This time the atmosphere was totally different. The last time our visit was on a Tuesday, which is Wing Night at Billy Bob's. It is also very close to Vassar College, so it was packed with college kids, there for the forty cent wings, and cheap beer.

   This time, it was earlier in the evening, just about 6 pm, when we walked in the door. And this time we went to the quieter side of the building, away from the bar. As I said, we had a very good meal, and even got dessert. Hubs ate all of his chocolate peanut butter pie, while I could't finish my raspberry cheesecake fritters. We brought home all the food we couldn't finish, so we will be snacking later, and tomorrow too.

  Now, we are getting ready to go for a soak in our hot tub. It's outside, and it's cold out. This is our favorite time to go for a soak. The coldest temperature it was outside when I went in, was 18 degrees. It's not that cold tonight, but it's cold enough.

   Have a good night, everyone, I know we will!

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost, happy anniversary! Hope that you have many more years of happiness.

    My husband are still newlyweds in comparison at just 9 years. We met online, talked for a week online, a few days on the phone then met in person on September 12. We were married on February 2.

    It doesn't seem odd for me to fall in love and marry quickly. If I never took the risk, I wouldn't have been blessed with the wonderful man that I married.

    ReplyDelete