Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I admit it, I fell in love in Home Depot!

   Hubs and I went to Fishkill today, to buy and install the door on the other end of the breezeway-now-mudroom.  We got there bright and early, for us, which is 10 a.m. Which means we left home at 9.  That is very early for us! I specifically brought my camera today, because you see, I fell in love at the Home Depot last week. I wanted to get a photo of him, he was soooo beautiful.

   Hubs has been very understanding about this. In fact, he saw him first, and pointed him out to me. I fell head over heels! There he was, in the display of fancy doors. I didn't see him at first, I was dazzled by the one with the stained glass in it. But Hubs said he found a better one, and he was right! He looks like he was taken off the front of a Spanish Castle. He's so seductive, with the dark wood and all.


    I made my wishes known to Hubs then and there. I would own that door. I  wondered,  does Home Depot have layaway? He told me that when I get a job, I could buy the door, and he would install it. I told him that not only would he install it, he would make the opening in our house bigger if necessary, to make it fit! And not only that, when and if we ever move? The door comes with us. No arguments. So he'd better save the door we have now, because we need to need it someday, to put back in.

   So now I am accepting donations towards the purchase of my beloved door. I will let you all come and see him once he's happily ensconced in the front of my house.

   Point of interest, as I was taking the photo, another customer walked by and told us that he was thrown out of the store once for taking a photo of something. And he was serious. So I quickly snapped my photo, and put my camera back in my giant tie-dye hippie purse. Whew, that was close!

P.S. I have decided to name him Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment