Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chocolate Truffle Tart, Take II

   The first chocolate truffle tart I made was awesome. Everyone who got some loved it. I have been asked to make one for our big family Christmas Dinner. That's a big honor. And My friend Kim has asked me to make her one as a Festivus Gift. It's not a problem, they are easy as well as delicious.

   I have been thinking, that maybe I could make individual tarts, instead of one big one. Today, I picked up small graham cracker tart shells. After Hubs left for work, I made the chocolate truffle filling. After it cooled, I spooned it into the little tart shells. I had purchased 12 of them, and only used 8! Clearly, this would not work for such a large group as my family. Better to make one large one, and cut it into small wedges.

   I looked in my cabinets, and found a large spring form pan, which would be perfect for the tart! That would make it much easier to pre-cut the wedges. So my next experiment will be to make one in the spring form pan, and see how that one comes out.  It's a good thing everyone loves chocolate truffle, I won't have any trouble getting rid of my experiments!


   Since I love hazelnuts, I put some chopped hazelnuts in the bottom of two of the tart shells. Only 7 would fit on the tray, so I had to eat the other one when it set up. Oh, the sacrifices we have to make!

   Against all odds, I feel that I am actually getting the Holiday spirit this year. Against my will, I might add. I can't help it, the good will is flowing all around me, and it's contagious.

  So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Festivus, and Blessed Be to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment