Saturday, December 24, 2011

At Long Last, It's Festivus Eve!

   Yup, it's Festivus Eve. That's what my friend Kim has decided to call the holiday. And I'm with her on this one. We usually observe Christmas, but not being practicing Christians, celebrate it as a non-religious day. She and our other friends have taken Festivus to heart. It's "Festivus for the rest of us." (Who are not Christians)

   Anyway. Today my son and my Hubs are freezing their butts off at the Giants/Jets game. This was my son's gift to his dad. Hubs has never been to a game before. I hope they have a good time!

   I get to stay home, and wash dishes, sort socks, and wrap presents. Then after the game, when they call me, I am going to meet them in Carmel, at Julie's family's house.  It's exciting getting to meet the son's girlfriend's family for the very first time. I already know they love my son, I hope they like us too. Unfortunately, I think we get to claim very little credit for how he turned out.

   So I've got what wrapping I need to do for tonight done. I've made the chocolate truffle-like tartlets. I've washed most of the dishes. I still need to sort the socks. I'm watching the game, off and on. Lucky for me, there are episodes of Dr. Who on today!! I love BBC America.

   Tomorrow I will need to make three full sized chocolate truffle tarts. All will be needed on Monday. I only have two pans. I decided to make one, and then cut it into slices and put it in a container for gifting. One I can gift in the pan, because I know I will get it back soon. And the third, I'm making for our big family holiday dinner on Monday. For that one I will use the spring form pan, and pre-cut the tart, making it easier to serve after dinner.

   I think it's time to sort the socks. Have a Happy Festivus, Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment