Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Awesome New Bag Makes An Appearance!

   Last month, my friend Kim told me about a bag she was buying for her mom for Festivus. Festivus is a holiday for the rest of us. I don't have a problem with Christmas, if only people would accept that a certain "walked on water" guy was most definitely *not* born on the 25th of December. AND that the early Christian Church hijacked the Pagan's Winter Solstice festivities, and have passed them off as their own for many hundreds of years. (No, I'm not a Christian, but I do celebrate Christmas as a time of love, giving, and family)

   ANYWAY, This bag is really cool! It's tie dyed, and big, and totally awesome. She gave me the name of the etsy shop where she found it, and when I got home, I looked at all that he had. The shop name is BenThaiProducts.etsy.com. I looked at all the really cool bags he has, and not all of them are tie dyed.  I found the perfect bag for me, and fell in love! Here is a photo of it:


    I ordered my awesome bag, and it was shipped to me the next day. Now, we have been having a problem with our local post office here in town. I know it's my own fault. I do not like to go to the Post Office. So very often, it is at least a week that we haven't gotten the mail. Now, when there's too much mail in your box, they take it out and treat it as a package, and put a slip in your box.

   The problem comes when I give them back the slip in exchange for my bundle of mail. More than once, they have lost our bundle. And they have been known to put the slip in the wrong box. Even for real packages, not just too much mail. One time, my car insurance got canceled because I never got a bill, because there was a bundle, and they didn't even put a slip in our box. I got my insurance back, thank the Goddess. But ever since then, I am careful. When I'm expecting a package, I will go every day to the Post Office. And when it's overdue, I have no compunction about going up to the window and asking about it.

   Of course, I do have to be a bit diplomatic.  I don't wish to make enemies of the folks who handle my mail. Even when I suspect they drink on the job. Back to my story! By now you must surmise that my package was a bit late. I estimated it should have been here Monday. It wasn't. So I checked again on Tuesday. There was still no package slip in our box. So I went back later in the day, thinking perhaps packages arrived after the regular mail. This has worked for me in the past.

   There was still no slip in our box, so I went to the window, and told the clerk that the package I was expecting hadn't arrived yet, and knowing how sometimes the slips get put into the wrong boxes, could she check and see if I had a package back there. She just looked at me, walked to the shelf in the back, and picked up my package. She handed it to me, and said that she had meant to put a slip in my box, but she forgot.

   So I got my bag! I took it right to Karate to show my friend, I didn't even open it. I let her do it. It is so very cool. I can't wait for it to stop raining, so I can go out and show it off. It works great as a cross body bag. But I have tied a knot in the handle at the back of the bag, so the handle is shorter. Now I am all moved in to my new bag.



   That's what I call it when you get a new purse, or bag, and you transfer all your stuff from the old bag to the new one. It's a bit like moving into a new house! I absolutely love the colors of the tie dye, and the pattern is so different! It's big enough to carry bigger knitting or crocheting projects in, also! And I plan on untying the knot next fall, and using this bag at next years Sheep and Wool Festival! It's big enough to carry almost anything I might buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment