Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In Which I Make Explanations

    I have been waiting for Hubs to go hunting, so I can finally get down some of the things that have been bouncing around in my head today. Explanation #1. In some of my posts, my beloved Hubs may sound a bit harsh and judgemental. That is far from the truth. He is the most loving, patient man I have ever met. If he wasn't, he would not still be here after 23 years! (11 days until our anniversary)

    When I told you about how frustrated he was with my time spent on the computer, it really is justified. I am always either crocheting, knitting, reading, or on the computer. I am not the worlds best housekeeper. It makes it worse when he is sleeping during the day, because he works nights, and every time he gets up to use the facilities, or have a smoke, I am on the computer. I really try to use it when he's sleeping, and he catches me every time. So he thinks I am *always* on the thing, when I am not.

   In a recent post, I said I might be gone for a while, I intended to not be on the computer when he was home on his days off from work. I didn't plant anything on my farmville farms, or anything. But I have found the time to come back and post. And I have cut back on my facebook activities.

   My plan kind of backfired, since he asked me why I haven't been on the computer. I told him I would rather spend time with him. Which is true, but when he's hunting, I can be on my laptop.

   Explanation #2. This is not really an explanation, more of an observation. I have decided I really love having another woman in the house, even if it's part time. My son's girlfriend spends a few nights a week here, Monday being one of those nights. She has an evening class at the college, and it's a long way home, so she comes here. Then in the morning, she has another class. So it works out.

   Now, last night is when I really felt the love. For many years, I have been the only woman in this house. On Mondays, when the football game is on, it has traditionally been on both of our TVs. Son watches in the living room, and Hubs in the bedroom, where he is more comfortable. This left me with nowhere to watch my shows. Once in a great while, I can convince Hubs to watch the game on the BIG TV in the living room, thus giving me access to the TV in the bedroom.

   Last night, however, was different! I went into the bedroom to watch with Hubs. I asked him if we could watch my show, a mini series that had started the night before. He said yes. Now, in the living room, Julie wanted to watch her very favorite Christmas movie, The Polar Express. And of course, Son said yes. He's never seen it, so was interested in watching it with her. This totally made me giggle, the fact that on both TVs in my house, neither one was tuned in to the football game!! This is a first in my house. I LOVE IT!

   It is indeed an honor to share my house with another woman. Especially a woman who has the power to get my son to not watch football!

   Explanation #3.  Yes, I made the chocolate truffle tart. It is delicious. I am saving the last piece for my friend, Kim. I will take it to her later when I meet her at Karate class.  I also made my own whipped cream. I was a bit disappointed when it collapsed after two days, into a creamy soup. I asked my baking expert Shannon about it, and she assured me it could be whipped back up. I took my whisk to it, and it was back to whipped cream in no time! It is still delicious. It makes me very glad that I have the fixin's to make another tart. In fact, my daughter, Mrs. Gilroy, asked me to bring one to the family Christmas Dinner.  She can't wait to try it.

   I think that's all for today. There may still be thoughts rambling around in my head, and if I can get them down on paper, I will have something to write about tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment