Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Can't Think of a Title For This One!

   When I started writing this blog, I really didn't think anyone at all would read it, outside the small circle of my own friends and acquaintances. Each and every day, as I log in to start writing, I check out the statistics page.

   I am totally amazed that so far, my blog has been read over 2,500 times, and in places like Russia! The Czech Republic, Latvia, Serbia, and Sweden too! One person in Canada reads my blog, but I know who it is... Hi, Stacey! I read her blog too. There are also readers in the U.K. and Ireland. All this blows me away!

   I love to write. When I was a child, I wanted to be a writer. As a teenager, I got a typewriter one Christmas. My parents couldn't get me away from it! I was always writing short stories. I have no memories of what they were, or what happened to them.  They were probably thrown away. Some of them, I used as writing assignments for English class essays.

   The one I really remember was a typical day in our lives, as seen and experienced by our cat, Elroy. That one was well received, I had to read it in front of the class. I hated that, it terrified me. Public speaking still terrifies me.

   A few years ago, the urge to tell a story overtook me. I had a concept, complete with character names, and situations, relationships between the characters, all that. But I had no plot! I couldn't think of any adventures for these people to have! I wrote it all down in a notebook, and ended up putting it away. But the main character is still in my mind, I think about her once in a while.

   Maybe that's what all this writing is leading up to... The Twitter, Facebook, Blog progression, could it be leading me to write something longer? Only time will tell.

   In the meantime, I have more experiments to do as far as my chocolate truffle tart is concerned. The latest one, plain with no peanut butter, was good, but I agree it is a bit too sweet. For the next one, I am planning on substituting Nutella for the peanut butter. I will let you all know how that one turns out.

   And I still have all my knitting and crocheting projects that I need to finish. The sweater is only the first. By the way, I plan on blocking it this weekend, while my son is away. I use his bed, it's the only place in the house that I can use. I wouldn't put my precious knitting on my carpets. We used to have a dog. She had a problem. She was a BIG Greyhound. Big dog equals big puddles. 'Nuff said.

   So "Hello!" to all my readers, near and far. Keep up the good work, and subscribe to my blog, so I know you are out there! Leave comments too, I'd love to hear what you think.

  

2 comments: