Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tattoo Ideas and Chocolate Truffle Pie

   It seems I am still obsessed with getting another tattoo. This one, I want Cookie to do, so I won't be the only family member who doesn't have one of his tattoos. I had in my mind the designs I wanted. It's either a Pooh bear with his face in a honey jar, or a triquetra. I'm heavily leaning towards the latter. Last night, I went exploring on the internet to find appropriate pictures of both ideas.

   The celtic knot triquetra (and I'm not entirely sure I'm spelling it right)  is an awesome design. It is mostly known from the TV show Charmed, about the three sisters who are witches. For me, it represents my three children, as well as the witchiness of my personal beliefs.



   Pooh bear, I have always loved! But I have to decide which Pooh I prefer, the original one:



   Or the Disney-fied version, which is cute as well!


   I know that in a previous post, I said I prefered the original version, but the Disney one is growing on me now.

   Whichever Pooh I decide on, the Celtic knot design will be the first one to actually get done. This is already decided, and I've wanted it longer than I've wanted Pooh. Now I just have to hope I get a gift certificate to Pop's Tattoo Emporium for Christmas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I went grocery shopping today, and bought the ingredients for my chocolate truffle  pie or tart. I haven't decided yet which it will be. I'm leaning more towards the tart, as the filling is not as deep as in a traditional pie, and I'm concerned about how rich it would be in pie form.

   I brought home heavy cream, Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, and pie crusts. I will have to blind bake the pie crust, then add the filling to it, as the filling itself will not be baked. I have one recipe from Paula Deen, I think, that adds one cup of peanut butter to the chocolate and hot cream to make the ganache. That sounds lovely, doesn't it? But I am a bit nervous about the whole thing. I may wait until Hubs gets home, just for the added encouragement.

   If I ever work up the nerve to actually make this, I will be sure to take some photos so you can all see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment