Friday, December 23, 2011

Stitch n BItch, Shopping and Traffic Trauma

   This morning, I finally got my butt out of bed, and got to Stitch n Bitch. I was late, but I had a reason. Last night, while doing laundry, I pulled a muscle in my leg going up the stairs. It was extremely painful. Painful enough that I didn't finish the laundry because I couldn't get up or down the stairs.

   The pain was so bad, I was texting with a friend, and she recommended a prescription painkiller. I still have some of those, so I took one. It sort of helped, but made me nauseous and dizzy too.  My whole evening was spent trying not to throw up. Needless to say, I went to bed early. And I still felt ooky this morning.

   But I got up, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and managed to double limp my way out the door. Yes, double limp. Once from the pulled muscle in my calf, right leg, and I have been having muscular pain in my left hip, so that is the second limp. It hasn't been fun at all.

   I made it to Stitch n Bitch, and had a nice breakfast with Jan and Kim. Nobody else came. At least Bonny texted me that she slept late and wouldn't make it. So we three had a nice time knitting together, but we always do. I had planned on going to Kingston with Kim afterwards, to do some  >shudder<  Christmas shopping. I had gotten the word from Hubs that it was ok.  If I didn't go because of my muscle pain, nobody would get Christmas presents this year. So I went.

   It turns out that we had fun! The Wal-Mart in Kingston was absolutely hellish, but we managed to get what we needed. I did my gift shopping while she grocery shopped. After that, we went to Michaels craft store, but neither of us found yarn that we couldn't live without. Don't get me wrong, I was in pain by the time we were finished. Then Kim treated me to Starbucks. I believe that is where we left merely hellish and entered the 7th level of Hell. We sat through FOUR changes of the stoplight before we even were able to get out of the plaza we were in. Route 9W was in a total gridlock.

   People were stopped on the main road, blocking the exit lanes, so no one was moving. At all. Total incompetent, inconsiderate drivers. Merry Fracking Christmas!! But we had a good laugh, and our Starbucks to keep us calm. She had even gotten us Cake pops, tiramisu flavor. They were totally delicious! I swear to the Goddess, if I ever want to go to Kingston two days before Christmas again, KILL ME. On the best of days, traffic is horrendous there. I knew there was a reason I avoid driving there if at all possible.

   So that was my trauma for today. I am ready to go in and curl up next to Hubs, and take a nap. In fact, I can hear my bed calling to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment