Thursday, December 29, 2011

Year End Craft Report

   This year, I made a lot of stuff. Sweaters and shawls, and afghans too. Even a few scarves. But as of a few weeks ago, I have stopped knitting and crocheting. I don't know why. I just lost the urge to create. So I am taking a break.

   However, I am looking forward to making some new things next year. I have plans for a do-over on the sweater for my granddaughter. It just wasn't working for me. I also am nearly ready to cast on a new shawl. In fact I was going to do that last night. I got out my swift and ball winder, and wound the skein of gorgeous lace weight yarn from my friend Kim, of atknitsendyarns.etsy.com. The pattern I want to make uses two different size needles, and I borrowed the size 11 circular that I don't have, from Kim.  I know I have size 6 circulars here somewhere. I looked for them last night. I even remember that Kim had given me a spare set that she didn't need. But I have yet to find them. When I do, I will cast on the shawl.

   So that's it for this year. Nothing on the needles or hooks right now. Actually that is misleading. I have an entire large tote bag full of partially finished projects. I had just decided to put them all away for the time being. So I think that they don't count. Out of sight, out of mind.

    Isn't it amazing that I can still find things to write about! And darn near every day! I guess I have a lot to say. I am looking forward to what I can come up with next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment