Monday, April 30, 2012

Madness, Madness, I Tell You!!

   This blanket will be the death of me. I mean it. The tones of the two yarns are so very similar, it's very difficult to differentiate between them on the needles. As careful as I am in counting my stitches for the pattern row by row, I am still making stupid mistakes. I am only finding them at the end of the row, when it doesn't work out the way it's supposed to. I am even frequently stopping to check every few segments. And I'm still missing the mistakes.


   This last one, I couldn't find the mistake. So I started at the other end, the beginning, and worked my way from there. And there it was. Two groups of four stitches next to each other. Waaay back close to the beginning of the row. So I had to TINK back across the whole fracking row to fix it. This wasn't the first time, either. It's happened at least three other times already. It's always on the rows which contain knit 2, slip 1, knit 4, slip 1, knit 2, slip one, knit 4, slip one. The other rows are easier, k2, s2 all the way across.


   But I am making real progress. I only hope my mind stays intact until I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment