Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another Fishkill Treasure

   Monday in Fishkill, I noticed that the kids had moved the corner cupboard from the dining room out to the front porch. This is good, that means they want to keep it. I also found the box on the dining room table in which they put all the stuff that was left in the corner cupboard.


    I started looking through the box, and among out dated vitamins and other various old OTC meds, there was a little black case. I opened it, and inside was a small camera! Just for shits and giggles, I turned it on. To my surprise, the batteries weren't dead! It blew my mind, the first photo that came up was one of Betty's friend Wes. I discovered later that this was actually a short video.


   It brought tears to my eyes looking through all the photos she had taken. She was not among the best of photographers... Here is an example of her photographic skills:


We can't even figure out what it's supposed to be! Here is another, more typical of her efforts. She usually cut people's heads off:



   But, there among all the really bad photos, was a good one! Obviously, someone else had taken it. It's a photo of Betty and her friend's granddaughter, Shana. It was taken Christmas of 2008, I believe.



   It literally brings tears to my eyes. She looks so healthy. This is how I remember her. Miss you, Betty!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment