Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Need Help From Fellow Knitters, Please!

   OK, so I'm stumped. I started making Elizabeth Zimmermann's baby surprise jacket, but have gotten stuck. I love the way she wrote, but.... the directions for this jacket in her book, E.Z.'s Knitting Workshop, have me very confused.


   If there is a knitter out there who has translated this pattern into comprehensible language that a relative beginner can understand, would you please answer in the comments? I would really appreciate it! I got confused, and would like to see simply written directions.


   I placed my stitch markers where she said to, but I still have to count all the stitches, because each marker sits right smack in the middle of the two stitches that I must knit together, so there's a lot of moving stitches around, to move the marker. All I require are simple, "pithy" directions, like for the Pi shawl, of which I have made two.


   Thanks in advance for any help!

No comments:

Post a Comment