Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lottery Winning Fantasies

   I think all of us, at one time or another, have had fantasies of what we would do if we won a very large amount of money in the lottery. Of course, the first things we would all do would be to pay off mortgages, credit cards, etc. Then buy new cars and houses. But there are a few other things I would want to do:


1> build me a new house, a castle.
      Thought this one up this morning. I saw a show on castles in New York State over the weekend. There's one nearby, in Millbrook. I would love to live in one. I would want a regular size house, though, and have it look like a castle on inside and outside.

2> open a book store
      I have always wanted to have my own book store. I would even  go so far as to say I would like to sell only science fiction/fantasy, mysteries, and "new age" type books. I would have to come up with a really interesting name...

3> open a yarn shop
       Friend Kim and I have discussed this before. We would go in together, and show yarn by appointment only. I doubt we would allow any yarn to actually be sold.  "It's MINE!, you can't have any!"

4> open a combination book and yarn store!!
      Then I would have to add crocheting and knitting books to my short list of genres that I would sell. Frankly, I don't see a problem here. Does it get any better than this? Wait, maybe having a book/yarn shop IN a castle....  That's the ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment